STO40: Website Optimization Series – About Page
Aside from buying your products and services or contacting you directly, there isn’t a clearer way for a visitor to your website to say, “I want to know how you can help me” than by clicking on your About Page.
It is, often times, the gateway through the doors of the buying continuum – the page where your most relevant target demographic will visit to find out more about how you can help them solve their problems, realize their desires, and reach their goals.
I think it goes without saying: Your About Page is one of the most important pages on your website.
So, is yours optimized?
In this episode, I talk about specific strategies on how to expertly craft your About Page so you can make an impact with your new visitors by better communicating your value and USP. I think you know what comes if you can do that.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- The 6 step process for creating your About Page in a way that communicates value and positions you as an authority.
- Why you should first address your visitors most burning questions before talking about yourself on your About Page.
- Why having a laser-like approach to knowing your markets desires, problems and most burning questions make the difference between a bounce and a reader who sticks around.
- How magazine media kits can provide a ton of useful information about your market (see link in the resource section below).
- Where on your About Page you should position your Unique Selling Proposition and/or Mission.
- Where you should write about yourself, and how to do so in a way that people relate to your story.
- Why even your About Page should have a Call to Action (and what kind of CTA this should be).
- Step 1: Determine your target audience.
- Step 2: Address your markets desires, problems and most-burning questions.
- Step 3: State your Unique Selling Proposition and/or Mission.
- Step 4: Write a bit about yourself. But remember – relatability builds credibility. Make this section of your About Page relatable.
- Step 5: Let your visitors know how they can keep up with your content.
- Step 6: State a call to action at the end of your About Page.
- Would you like some 1-on-1 help? Click here
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- My About Page – Read the Smart Time Online ‘About Page’ and see how it’s written, and how it leads into the Start Here page.
- JustMediaKits.com – Over 2,500 magazines and 148 markets. Ideal for determining your target audience.
- If you would like me to review your About Page, please send an email to john [at] smarttimeonline.com (or drop a link in the comments if you don’t mind being public). This is limited to the first 10 requests.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST:
To subscribe to the Smart Time Online Podcast, use the link below:
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE…
PLEASE share it! It’s easy… just use any of the ‘SHARE’ buttons below! Have a question about this episode? Leave a comment below and let’s chat!
GET YOUR OPTIMIZATION ACTION PLAN (FREE):
Want to get unstuck and grow your business to the next level and beyond?
Enter your name & email below: