STO 5: Stop Guessing Who Your Avatar Is!
Truly understanding who your target prospect is plays a critical role in selling or promoting your products or services. By figuring this out and then targeting in on this specific “person” will allow you to better position your business, and grow your profits.
By now, you should already have an idea of who this ideal customer is; that one person who would be most likely to buy your products and services. But did you come up with this by simply “guessing” who your best customer would be?
In this episode, I review why it’s so important to go beyond just “guessing” who your target prospect is. You’ll learn some of the most effective AND efficient ways of conducting market research – without spending a single penny on any market research “tools”.
Regardless of whether you have a customer avatar for your business or not, you’ll want to listen to this very timely episode. If you haven’t already, then what are you waiting for? Click play now (and get ready to take a few notes).
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- How Old Spice identified a trend in their target demographic and exploited it to grow profits (and how you can do the same thing in your business)
- Key takeaways from Proactive’s marketing methods
- How to best determine these 5 key areas of your customer avatar:
- Emotional State
- A “secret” market research tool that will help you create a customer avatar more specific than any of your competitors (and when you sell better, you make better money)
- 3 more FREE research tools and resources that can be used for any business – offline or online – and how to best use them
- If you haven’t already, commit to creating an avatar for your business TODAY
- Give your customer avatar a name
- Research the market you’re in using the free research tools and resources mentioned in this episode
- Apply the 5 Key Areas to your Customer Avatar: Demographic, Personality, Lifestyle, Interests, and Emotional State
- Create a word document with a picture of your customer avatar and bullet points of the above key areas
- Position your unique selling proposition and all other messaging directly in front of this avatar
- Thank yourself for doing this
- Like some help? Click here
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Avatar Word Doc Template (coming soon)
- JustMediaKits.com – 2,500 magazine media kits (categorized by consumer markets)
- Youtube.com – for personality research
- Google Display Planner – for demographic research on specific keywords
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST:
To subscribe to the Smart Time Online Podcast, use the link below:
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE…
PLEASE share it! It’s easy… just use any of the ‘SHARE’ buttons below! Have a question about this episode? Leave a comment below and let’s chat!
GET YOUR OPTIMIZATION ACTION PLAN (FREE):
Want to get unstuck and grow your business to the next level and beyond?
Enter your name & email below: