How to Profit Wildly from Joint Ventures with Sohail Khan
When you hear or read the word “joint venture,” what do you think about? If you have an online business, then you probably think about affiliate marketing and “commission-based” income. The thing is, joint venturing is so much more than that. Instead of earning commissions on a sale, you could earn real equity in a company or partner with companies hundreds of times bigger than yours. And make it a win for all parties.
Enter: Sohail Khan. Sohail has organized multiple million-dollar plus joint venture deals and has even consulted for companies like QVC. In 2009, Sohail set out to prove his ability by setting a goal of scoring a million-dollar joint venture deal within 12 months. He completely blew past his goals, managing to close a $1.5 million deal in under 30 days.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- How to approach companies and establish joint venture relationships and deals that can make you lots o’ moolah.
- How I organized a pretty sweet joint venture deal myself in 2007 in just 24 hours that was worth tens of thousands of dollars.
- How Sohail dealt with losing a 10 million dollar business, his house, his Ferrari, and all the other luxuries of millionaire status and moving back in with his parents.
- The one business and marketing strategy that Sohail credits as the absolute best.
- The one eyebrow raising question to ask a potential joint venture partner that will earn their undivided attention (9:43).
- Why making a prospective client feel like their finding all the solutions is so powerful when selling.
- How a small moment of “just asking” can lead to HUGE, life-changing opportunities.
- Approach every joint venture (and business deal) with a win-win-win mentality. Always look for situations that involve a win for you, for the company, and for the customer.
- Get creative! The best joint ventures are born from thinking creatively and “outside of the box”.
- Don’t be afraid to joint venture with your competition. Give it some creative thought, and you’ll likely find profit opportunities for the two of you.
- Go to events! Meet people! Network! Stand out! You’ll find it is much easier to joint venture with someone after meeting them in person and establishing some rapport.
- If you cannot afford to attend events yet, then link up with like-minded movers and shakers who live around your area. There are plenty of people who live within a 2 hour drive from your house who are doing HUGE things. Find a way to offer them value, communicate it, then offer them to buy lunch or coffee in person. It WORKS.
- Sohail’s personal motto is, “GIVE FIRST, ASK LATER”. This is a great creed to live by. I suggest you do, too.
- Would you like some 1-on-1 help? Click here
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- MillionDollarPartneringBook.com – Where you can pick up Sohail’s latest book for free (just pay S&H), Guerilla Marketing and Joint Ventures.
- Sohail-Khan.com – Sohail’s personal website and blog
- MillionDollarPartnering.com – Where you can find information on Sohail’s programs, speaking schedule and more.
- Sohail on Twitter (@MarketingBrit) – Send him a quick tweet and thank him for being a guest and bringing awesome value!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST:
To subscribe to the Smart Time Online Podcast, use the link below:
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE…
PLEASE share it! It’s easy… just use any of the ‘SHARE’ buttons below! Have a question about this episode? Leave a comment below and let’s chat!
GET YOUR 6-STEP OPTIMIZATION ACTION PLAN (FREE):
Want to get unstuck and grow your business to the next level and beyond?
Enter your name & email below:
Enjoyed this episode? Share it!