STO21: Jeff Brown on Communicating Like a Pro
With 26 years of award-winning radio broadcast experience and host of a top-rated business podcast, Jeff Brown is no stranger to communication.
Jeff subscribes to the notion of connecting with your audience in an intimate way, by “inviting your listener to the table” and including them in the conversation.
In this episode of the Smart Time Online podcast, Jeff reveals the words and phrases to avoid when creating any type of content and why you should become more aware of your habits when communicating to your audience.
You’ll discover the insider strategies, tips and tricks that will make you sound like a PRO in front of your audience.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- The one habit that Jeff attributes his success to most.
- The insider strategies, tips and tricks that took Jeff 26 years to lean, that will make you sound like a PRO in front of your audience.
- Phrases to avoid when creating any type of content so you can build a lasting and meaningful impression with your audience.
- What cats and dogs have to do with communication (this is a point you’ll want to hear).
- The most important thing you should pay attention to when hosting a podcast.
- The exercise that can propel your listener to brand engagement and establish life-long relationships.
- How to properly monetize your podcast (hint: has nothing to do with sponsors).
- If you are not yet a part of a mastermind group – get in one! They are invaluable.
- When you engage in conversation with your audience, talk with them, not at them. Including them in the conversation makes a world of difference.
- Include a call-to-action in every episode of your podcast, even if it’s to simply sign up to your email list. If you have a product, your call-to-action should center around inviting them into your funnel via your lead magnet offer. This will both further engage your audience with value and increase your income.
- Make it a point to become intentional with reading. Jeff (and I) believes that this is a key to success in business and life.
- Comment below with any questions or comments you have on this topic (or even just to thank Jeff)!
- Would you like some 1-on-1 help? Click here
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Podcaster Academy – Jeff’s month-long live training course, where he’ll teach you how to interview, communicate and sound like a pro. Use code STO1 for $100 off.
- Jeff’s Mastermind Interest List – Simply fill out the form. Get on it!
- The Read to Lead Podcast – Jeff’s website, where you can listen to all of Jeff’s awesome podcast episodes.
- Jeff Brown on Twitter – Connect and tell him how much you appreciated him coming on the show!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST:
To subscribe to the Smart Time Online Podcast, use the link below:
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE…
PLEASE share it! It’s easy… just use any of the ‘SHARE’ buttons below! Have a question about this episode? Leave a comment below and let’s chat!
GET YOUR OPTIMIZATION ACTION PLAN (FREE):
Want to get unstuck and grow your business to the next level and beyond?
Enter your name & email below: